From the Civil Rights Agenda:
1. Make sure to sign our ONLINE marriage equality petition: http://bit.ly/WmUqEN
2. Have you called, written or visited your State Senator and Representative? If not, do it NOW! You can find your legislators at www.votesmart.org. Contact them and tell them to vote 'YES' on the Marriage Equality Bill!!
3. Join The Civil Rights Agenda in Springfield to lobby your legislators on marriage equality. We will be working to lobby the Illinois Senate on Wednesday, January 2 through Friday, January 4 (or until the bill passes). Join us to lobby the Illinois House of Representatives beginning Sunday, January 6 through, Tuesday, January 8 (or until the bill passes). If you want to join, email email@example.com with the date and time you plan to be in Springfield and we will coordinate your visit with you.
4. Join Sheila Simon, "Modern Family" star Jessie Tyler Ferguson, and The Civil Rights Agenda and other marriage equality advocates for a lobby day on Thursday, January 3.
EVENT: Bow Tie Lobby Day
TIME: 10:30 a.m.
PLACE: Rotunda, State Capitol, Springfield
5. Join The Civil Rights Agenda is looking for volunteers in their main office located at 2129 N. Western Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60647. If you are willing to volunteer,to phone bank for marriage equality which will include calling voters to educate them on the Marriage Equality bill and asking them to contact their legislators.
If you are able to donate your time, our phone bank hours are as follows:
Thursday, January 3rd - 6:00 PM to 8:30 PM
Friday, January 4th - 6:00 PM to 8:30 PM
Saturday, January 5th - 1 PM to 4 PM
Facebook event here: http://www.facebook.com/